Steam 101 Class
Apex recently hosted our Steam 101 Class with vendor Watson McDaniel. This class is an introduction to the fundamentals of steam systems and equipment. The goal of this class is to increase understanding of steam and raise confidence when working with steam equipment.
- Steam pipe sizing and velocity considerations
- How to select the right steam trap technology
- Piping best practices to avoid issues
- Proper condensate pump selection
- How to size and select pressure reducing valves
- How to size and select control valves
- Troubleshooting steam systems and common problems
- How to stay safe when working with steam
We had an excellent turn out: 26 attendees from 6 different plants spent 6 hours getting a full steam 101 course. We provided breakfast and lunch along with a binder of helpful steam documents and cheat sheets.
Thanks to everyone who was able to make it. We look forward to seeing you all again!
Contact Apex if you are interested in hosting your own Steam 101 Class! We can travel to you and host directly at your facility or a nearby facility of your choice. Classes of all sizes are available. Fill out the form below or give us a call today.