When the feeder reaches a low level signal the discharge valve on the Refilling Volumetric/Gravimetric Feeder will open, refilling the feeder in a matter of seconds. This allows it to operate in gravimetric mode as soon as possible. Accomplish this by having a charge of material ready in the vacuum receiver at all times.
The Sequence of Events is as Follows:
- The operator turns on the VAC-U-MAX Control Panel, which is interfaced with the feeder control panel, and then turns on the vacuum source.
- Once this is done and the material is available at the pick up point (point where vacuum, suction, is available) the vacuum receiver will fill to a high level.
- The material is immediately discharged into the feeder allowing the feeder to begin dispensing product.
- The discharge valve on the vacuum receiver will close and more material will be conveyed into the vacuum receiver and held there until the feeder signals a low level mode.
- The process will repeat itself until all the material has been conveyed or when the operator turns off the control panel.