The MPRS uses a compressed gas-powered VAC-U-MAX venturi to vacuum metal powders from the AM printing bed. Powder is separated from the airstream by gravity-drop and a surface filter, then discharged into a surge hopper, which meters the powder onto the screen deck of the sieve. Here larger powders and agglomerations are separated from smaller particles; the smaller particles pass through the screen and the sieve outlet into the collection container (aided by an ultrasonic generator that enhances powder flow), making them immediately available for reuse. Typical metal powders include Inconel, Stainless Steel, Haynes 282 and Cobalt Chrome. Using vacuum, the system will extract the powder, convey it to a vacuum receiver and then discharge the powder into a sieve. The sieve will then discharge powder into a pail, drum or IBC – in an inert environment.
- Pick up hand tool, 304 stainless steel construction with standard KF fitting
- Static conductive hose, smooth bore. Hose for non-aerospace application to be PVC construction, FDA and USDA approved. Aero-space application to be flexible stainless steel hose smooth bore construction.
- VAC-U-MAX, Vacuum Receiver Package with 36 square feet of filter area, counter weighted discharge valve. 316L stainless steel construction.
- Inert gas purge fittings with gas purge manifold
- HEPA Filter canister with filter
- Vacuum Generator- VAC-U-MAX Single Venturi Power Unit. Compressed air driven vacuum generator. ½” NPT high-pressure air connection. Requires 35CFM @ 60PSI for operation. With variable orifice assembly for adjustment of vacuum levels.
- High output suspended vibratory sieving machine with US230 Mesh and Ultrasonic Deblinding kit.
- Bonding and grounding kit
- UL Certified control panel NEMA 4 enclosure. Control panel will incorporate micro PLC for vacuum conveying functions, a starter for sieve, ground and bonding monitor, face mount ultrasonic control
- Rolling frame, carbon steel powder coated. Square tubular frame with locking casters.