The KUB is the only rupture disc to be manufactured using Euler’s critical load formula to determine the burst pressure, creating the most robust, high-performance rupture disc available. Unlike other rupture disc solutions where a weak point is created in the metal, the KUB is a unique, highly engineered solution, benefiting from a series of buckling pins which accurately collapse for reliable, full bore, opening. As there is no specific weak point on the rupture disc, the KUB is an extremely robust solution, almost immune to damage by incorrect handling, improper installation or even being dropped! This maximizes the lifespan of the disc and minimizes long-term investment by lowering ongoing replacement costs. The KUB features a two-layer design, with the smooth, unblemished surface of the sealing membrane facing the process minimizing the possibility of damage due to corrosion.
Boasting a 98% operating ratio, the KUB is not subject to fatigue even at higher operating pressures* and in the most demanding of process conditions in vapor, gas, liquid or two-phase applications. Unlike many other reverse acting discs, the unique construction of the KUB makes it fully compatible with liquid-only applications, maximizing installation points which can benefit from this rupture disc, simplifying customers’ installation, maintenance and purchasing routines.
- Unique buckling pin element – creates the most robust rupture disc design available.
- Reinstall and reuse with ease after inspection – guarantees maximum lifespan of one rupture disc, reducing spares costs.
- Virtually immune to damage during installation, transport or storage – maximizes process uptime and unnecessary replacement costs.
- Extend safety valve lifespan – robust design protects valves from process media, reducing corrosion risk and maximizing overall investment.
- Widest size and burst pressure range in a single reverse acting disc – one-disc type suitable for a wide range of process conditions, improving purchasing, inspection and maintenance routines.
- Compatible with liquid-only applications – maximizes installation points where the benefits of this technology can be achieved.
Product Information KUB
Data Sheet KUB
Process Safety Brochure