How the Packaged Goods Belt Style Metal Detector Works:
- HACCP and IFS Compliance
- Per HACCP principles, Metal Detectors are classified as critical control points and continuous checking is required to meet standards. If requested, Cassel can add a performance validation system (PVS). The PVS automatically prompts the operator to test Metal Detector performance at pre-set intervals.
- Zero Maintenance Electronics
- All-solid-state electronics housed on one mainboard. This ensures years of reliable performance offering the lowest cost of ownership on the market. Digital Balance Control adjusts for temperature and humidity fluctuations. It does this by monitoring coil balance more than 200 times per second. Cassel units also come with a 2-year standard warranty.
- Operational History
- Metal contaminant event or history, metal report, changes in parameter settings and other events are recorded with the date and time. Users can view the list of “incidents” on the control panel. You can also export the log via a serial port.
- Ready for SHARKNET® Software
- To comply with HACCP and IFS standards, SHARKNET® enables automatic downloading of data documentation to a Windows-based PC.
- SHARKNET® software
- Monitor real-time inspection results and actively manage product inspection equipment from a central computer
- Enables automatic downloading of data documentation to a Windows-based PC
- Support required compliance with: HACCP-SQF 2000-BRC-GMP-IFS5-FSSC 22000/PAS 220
- Remote maintenance capability by operators and Cassel technicians
- All data is stored in an SQL database for easy export or integration if needed
- Low-pressure wash-down (IP67)
- METAL SHARK® controller is be housed in a double-thick stainless steel enclosure
- Can be washed down with a pressure hose
- High-pressure wash-down (IP69k)
- Aperture is specially sealed to prevent leaks
- METAL SHARK® controller is housed in a double-thick stainless steel enclosure
- Daily wash-ups with a steam hose at a maximum pressure of 60 bar/900 psi can be conducted
- Sausage processors and other manufacturers who conduct frequent wash-ups have found this feature very beneficial