PA Series Air Pilots are used with the HD Regulator to control steam pressure on steam mains and process equipment. Pressure adjustments to the regulator can be made from a remote location. That’s the principal advantage the PA-Air Pilot has over standard spring-loaded pilots. A regulator that is located in a difficult to reach or inaccessible location can be adjusted by a remote control panel board.
How PA Series Air Pilots Work:
- When air pressure is applied to the upper chamber of the air pilot. It exerts a downward force on the air pilot’s diaphragm.
- This force controls the outlet pressure of the steam through the regulating valve.
- The control process is similar to a spring loaded pressure pilot. The air pressure takes the place of the spring.
- There are three separate models of air pilots that make up the complete range. It depends on the steam pressure that needs to be controlled and the control air pressure available.
- Maximum control air pressure on air pilots is 125 PSIG.
- The larger Diaphragm area of the PA4 & PA6 Air Pilots allow the use of lower control air pressure to regulate higher pressure steam.