Self-Emptying Single Auger/Agitator Metering Mechanisms
Acrison’s Model 170 Series of Volumetric Feeders for dry solids are specifically designed for complete product cleanout without the need for disassembly or mechanical changes. These feeders ‘self-empty’ when permitted to operate until empty, and also feature a novel discharge port for rapid material emptying when needed—making them ideal for applications where rapid product changeover or bare minimum downtime is critical.
- Uniquely Configured Auger/Agitator Metering Mechanism – that completely fills the metering auger with product of a consistent state. The feeder has only 2 moving parts, typically a constant speed gearmotor for the slow speed agitator and a variable speed AC or DC gearmotor for the metering auger.
- Circular Wide-Throat, Flat Bottom Feed Chamber with slowly rotating horizontal Agitator – ensures flow of product out of the supply hopper directly into the feed chamber (and metering auger).
- Novel Discharge Purge Port – located in the flat bottom of the feed chamber allows the feeder to be ’emptied quickly’ when required.
- All Steel Construction – provides long-term durability with minimal maintenance requirements.
- Product Cleanout Design – eliminates ‘dead zones’ and allows feeder to feed until completely empty.
- Range of Model Sizes – for feed rates from 0.0012 to 900 cubic feet per hour.
- All product contact parts are 304 stainless steel including the feeder’s drive shafts and seal components.
- All models typically equipped with a constant speed gearmotor for the slow speed agitator and a variable speed AC or DC gearmotor for the metering auger with either a 30:1 or 50:1 speed range
Watch Action Video