Self-Emptying Dual Auger/Agitator Metering Mechanisms
Acrison’s Model 170-1-2 and 170-2-2 Volumetric Feeders for dry solids are designed for both continuous and batching applications incorporating a highly versatile metering mechanism featuring two independently driven metering augers for the accurate and reliable feeding over an exceptionally wide feed range. The design of the Model 170-1-2 and 170-2-2 Volumetric Feeders completely eliminates the undesirable requirement to change the size of the feeder’s metering auger whenever a feed range is required that cannot be effectively achieved by a single size auger. By incorporating two separate metering augers sized accordingly, a very wide feed range is possible. Additionally, for batching applications, these feeders are able to provide both high and low feed outputs (rapid and dribble feed) to help facilitate the highest degree of batch accuracy.
These model feeders will ‘self-empty’ when permitted to operate until empty, and can also be ’emptied rapidly’ by means of a discharge port for rapid material emptying when needed—making them ideal for applications where rapid product changeover or bare minimum downtime is critical.
- Uniquely Configured Auger/Agitator Metering Mechanism – that completely fills the two independent metering augers with product of a consistent state. The feeder has only 3 moving parts, typically a constant speed gearmotor for the slow speed agitator and two variable speed AC or DC gearmotors for the two metering augers.
- Circular Wide-Throat, Flat Bottom Feed Chamber with slowly rotating horizontal Agitator – ensures flow of product out of the supply hopper directly into the feed chamber (and metering auger).
- Novel Discharge Purge Port – located in the flat bottom of the feed chamber allows the feeder to be ’emptied quickly’ when required.
- All Steel Construction – provides long-term durability with minimal maintenance requirements.
- Total Product Cleanout Design – eliminates ‘dead zones’ and allows feeder to feed until completely empty.
- Range of Model Sizes – for feed rates from 0.28 to 160 cubic feet per hour.
- All product contact parts are 304 stainless steel including the feeder’s drive shafts and seal components.
- All models typically equipped with a constant speed gearmotor for the slow speed agitator and a variable speed AC or DC gearmotor for the metering augers with either a 10:1, 20:1, 30:1 or 50:1 speed range
Watch Action Video