Dissimilar Speed Triple Auger/Agitator Metering Mechanisms
Acrison Models BDFM, BDF-1 and BDF-1.5 Volumetric Feeders combine two flow-inducing augers/agitators, counter-rotating at the same speed, with a metering auger operating at a proportional, but dissimilar (slower) speed for accurately and reliably feeding a broad variety of dry solid materials, including those considered difficult-to-handle. All remaining Model BDF Series of Feeders (the Models BDFX-1.5, BDF-2, BDF-2.5, BDF-3, BDF-4-1 and BDF-5) are designed with individual heavy-duty drives for the dual augers/agitators and metering auger(s).
- Unique Dual Augers/Agitators – conditions the material to a very consistent state while efficiently and reliably filling the separate metering auger from a minimum of 320º for accurate and reliable metering performance.
- All Steel Construction – provides long-term durability with minimal maintenance requirements.
- Range of Model Sizes – for feed rates from 0.0006 to 6600 cubic feet per hour.
- All contact parts are 304 stainless for the Models BDFM, BDF-1 and BDF-1.5. All other Model BDF Series Feeders are available in various materials of construction, however, all drive shafts and seal components supplied with Model BDF Feeders are 304 stainless steel as standard.
- Models BDFM, BDF-1 and BDF 1.5 are equipped with a single variable speed AC or DC gearmotor drive that powers both the dual augers /agitators and metering auger over a 30:1 or 50:1 speed range.
- All other Model BDF Feeders are equipped with individual heavy-duty drives for the two augers/agitators and the metering auger. As standard, the metering auger is equipped with a variable speed AC or DC gearmotor drive with either a 30:1 or 50:1 speed range.
Watch Action Video